Turkey's Akbank 2012 net profit rises 18 percent
ISTANBUL Feb 7 (Reuters) - Turkish lender Akbank on Thursday posted an 18 percent rise in 2012 net profit to 3 billion lira ($1.7 billion).
Fourth-quarter net profit doubled to 1.08 billion lira, above a Reuters poll forecast of 1 billion lira, according to a statement to the Istanbul stock exchange.
($1= 1.7695 Turkish liras) (Writing by Seda Sezer; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P 500 posts worst day since April; indexes down for month
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |