- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Lanxess jumps on market talk of interest by Dow Chemical
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Shares in Lanxess AG (LXSG.DE) jumped 4 percent on Thursday, with several traders pointing to market talk of takeover interest by U.S.-based Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N).
"There is a rumor that Dow Chemical wants to offer 70 to 80 euros (per share) for Lanxess," one of the traders said.
Shares in Lanxess, which has a market value of 5.1 billion euros ($6.9 billion), were up 4 percent at 63.73 euros.
Lanxess and Dow Chemical declined to comment on the rumors.
Dow Chemical said, though, it will continue to use its cash to pay down its $20.99 billion debt load and for shareholders.
(Reporting by Hakan Ersen, David Brett, Francesco Canepa, Andrea Lentz, Frank Siebelt and Ernest Scheyder; Writing by Maria Sheahan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this