Lanxess jumps on market talk of interest by Dow Chemical
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Shares in Lanxess AG (LXSG.DE) jumped 4 percent on Thursday, with several traders pointing to market talk of takeover interest by U.S.-based Dow Chemical Co (DOW.N).
"There is a rumor that Dow Chemical wants to offer 70 to 80 euros (per share) for Lanxess," one of the traders said.
Shares in Lanxess, which has a market value of 5.1 billion euros ($6.9 billion), were up 4 percent at 63.73 euros.
Lanxess and Dow Chemical declined to comment on the rumors.
Dow Chemical said, though, it will continue to use its cash to pay down its $20.99 billion debt load and for shareholders.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source