- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Man linked to Boston bombing suspect killed by FBI in Florida
Magnitude 6.6 quake strikes off Solomon Islands: USGS
LONDON (Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary 6.6 magnitude struck 256 miles east of the Solomon Islands on Thursday, the U.S. Geological Survey said, the latest aftershock following a tremor that caused a tsunami which killed at least five people.
The quake was 6.2 miles deep and located southeast of Kira Kira. There was no immediate tsunami warning.
(Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this