France to close schools in Tunis on Friday, Saturday: embassy
Tunis (Reuters) - France will close its schools in the Tunisian capital Tunis on Friday and Saturday over fears of violent protests against the Wednesday killing of opposition leader Chokri Belaid, the French embassy said.
"French schools in Tunisia will be exceptionally closed on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 February 2013," the embassy said in a statement on its website on Thursday.
(Reporting By Tarek Amara; Editing by Pravin Char)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’