France to close schools in Tunis on Friday, Saturday: embassy
Tunis (Reuters) - France will close its schools in the Tunisian capital Tunis on Friday and Saturday over fears of violent protests against the Wednesday killing of opposition leader Chokri Belaid, the French embassy said.
"French schools in Tunisia will be exceptionally closed on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 February 2013," the embassy said in a statement on its website on Thursday.
(Reporting By Tarek Amara; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow