France to close schools in Tunis on Friday, Saturday: embassy
Tunis (Reuters) - France will close its schools in the Tunisian capital Tunis on Friday and Saturday over fears of violent protests against the Wednesday killing of opposition leader Chokri Belaid, the French embassy said.
"French schools in Tunisia will be exceptionally closed on Friday 8 and Saturday 9 February 2013," the embassy said in a statement on its website on Thursday.
(Reporting By Tarek Amara; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |