Tunisia union leaders agree general strike for Friday
Tunis (Reuters) - Leaders of Tunisia's largest trade union have agreed to hold a general strike on Friday to protest against the Wednesday killing of prominent secular opposition figure Chokri Belaid, the union said in a statement.
(Reporting By Tarek Amara; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Man suspected of shooting six dead in Texas to appear in court
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities