Fed's Evans: hackers did not impair Fed operational abilities
(Reuters) - The Federal Reserve's operational abilities were not impaired by a recent breach of a Fed website by hackers, a top Fed official said on Thursday.
The website that was hacked had contact information for banks to use during a natural disaster, Chicago Fed President Charles Evans said in an interview with CNBC.
"This isn't an internal operational website, the kind of thing that I have to log into; I've got multiple authentication keys, and that's highly secure," he said. "It didn't impair any of our operational abilities."
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |