Fed's Evans: hackers did not impair Fed operational abilities
Feb 7 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve's operational abilities were not impaired by a recent breach of a Fed website by hackers, a top Fed official said on Thursday.
The website that was hacked had contact information for banks to use during a natural disaster, Chicago Fed President Charles Evans said in an interview with CNBC.
"This isn't an internal operational website, the kind of thing that I have to log into; I've got multiple authentication keys, and that's highly secure," he said. "It didn't impair any of our operational abilities."
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image