Fed's Evans: hackers did not impair Fed operational abilities
Feb 7 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Reserve's operational abilities were not impaired by a recent breach of a Fed website by hackers, a top Fed official said on Thursday.
The website that was hacked had contact information for banks to use during a natural disaster, Chicago Fed President Charles Evans said in an interview with CNBC.
"This isn't an internal operational website, the kind of thing that I have to log into; I've got multiple authentication keys, and that's highly secure," he said. "It didn't impair any of our operational abilities."
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ