Wacker Chemie's core profit falls 29 pct in 2012
FRANKFURT Feb 7 (Reuters) - Wacker Chemie, the world's No.2 maker of polysilicon, said its core profit fell 29 percent in 2012, due to the ongoing crisis in the solar sector, which it supplies.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) reached 787 million euros ($1.07 billion) in 2012, down from 1.1 billion in 2011. Analysts had, on average, expected 764 million euros.
($1 = 0.7387 euros) (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Civilians killed in eastern Ukraine in fierce fighting