Wacker Chemie's core profit falls 29 pct in 2012
FRANKFURT Feb 7 (Reuters) - Wacker Chemie, the world's No.2 maker of polysilicon, said its core profit fell 29 percent in 2012, due to the ongoing crisis in the solar sector, which it supplies.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) reached 787 million euros ($1.07 billion) in 2012, down from 1.1 billion in 2011. Analysts had, on average, expected 764 million euros.
($1 = 0.7387 euros) (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |