Wacker Chemie's core profit falls 29 pct in 2012
FRANKFURT Feb 7 (Reuters) - Wacker Chemie, the world's No.2 maker of polysilicon, said its core profit fell 29 percent in 2012, due to the ongoing crisis in the solar sector, which it supplies.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) reached 787 million euros ($1.07 billion) in 2012, down from 1.1 billion in 2011. Analysts had, on average, expected 764 million euros.
($1 = 0.7387 euros) (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory