Wacker Chemie's core profit falls 29 pct in 2012
FRANKFURT Feb 7 (Reuters) - Wacker Chemie, the world's No.2 maker of polysilicon, said its core profit fell 29 percent in 2012, due to the ongoing crisis in the solar sector, which it supplies.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) reached 787 million euros ($1.07 billion) in 2012, down from 1.1 billion in 2011. Analysts had, on average, expected 764 million euros.
($1 = 0.7387 euros) (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ