CORRECTED-Canada competition bureau OKs RBC purchase of Ally unit
(Corrects deal value to $4.1 billion from $14.1 billion)
OTTAWA Feb 8 (Reuters) - Canada's competition watchdog gave the green light on Friday to Royal Bank of Canada's plans to buy the Canadian auto finance and deposit arm of Ally Financial Inc for $4.1 billion.
"The Bureau concluded that the proposed transaction was not likely to lead to a substantial lessening or prevention of competition for several reasons, including the fact that RBC's post-transaction market shares in the relevant markets would be modest, and that there would be sufficient remaining competition," the Competition Bureau said in a statement.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Wall St. tumbles; S&P below 50-day moving average
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible |