CORRECTED-Canada competition bureau OKs RBC purchase of Ally unit
(Corrects deal value to $4.1 billion from $14.1 billion)
OTTAWA Feb 8 (Reuters) - Canada's competition watchdog gave the green light on Friday to Royal Bank of Canada's plans to buy the Canadian auto finance and deposit arm of Ally Financial Inc for $4.1 billion.
"The Bureau concluded that the proposed transaction was not likely to lead to a substantial lessening or prevention of competition for several reasons, including the fact that RBC's post-transaction market shares in the relevant markets would be modest, and that there would be sufficient remaining competition," the Competition Bureau said in a statement.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on