CORRECTED-Canada competition bureau OKs RBC purchase of Ally unit
(Corrects deal value to $4.1 billion from $14.1 billion)
OTTAWA Feb 8 (Reuters) - Canada's competition watchdog gave the green light on Friday to Royal Bank of Canada's plans to buy the Canadian auto finance and deposit arm of Ally Financial Inc for $4.1 billion.
"The Bureau concluded that the proposed transaction was not likely to lead to a substantial lessening or prevention of competition for several reasons, including the fact that RBC's post-transaction market shares in the relevant markets would be modest, and that there would be sufficient remaining competition," the Competition Bureau said in a statement.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Defeated nationalist leader says Scots 'tricked' out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |