AOL quarterly profit rises on strong ad sales
Feb 8 (Reuters) - AOL Inc's quarterly profit jumped, boosted by a 13 percent rise in advertising sales.
Net income rose to $35.7 million, or 41 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $22.8 million, or 23 cents per share, a year earlier.
Advertising revenue rose 13 percent to $410.6 million, while subscription revenue for AOL's dial-up services fell 10 percent to $174.2 million. Total revenue rose 4 percent to $599.5 million.
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane