AOL quarterly profit rises on strong ad sales
Feb 8 (Reuters) - AOL Inc's quarterly profit jumped, boosted by a 13 percent rise in advertising sales.
Net income rose to $35.7 million, or 41 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $22.8 million, or 23 cents per share, a year earlier.
Advertising revenue rose 13 percent to $410.6 million, while subscription revenue for AOL's dial-up services fell 10 percent to $174.2 million. Total revenue rose 4 percent to $599.5 million.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea