Aurizon Mines in talks with a number of potential buyers
Feb 8 (Reuters) - Gold miner Aurizon Mines Ltd said it was in talks with a number of potential buyers, after rejecting last month an unsolicited C$780 million ($785 million) offer from Alamos Gold Inc.
Confidentiality agreements have been reached with the potential buyers and they are conducting due diligence, Aurizon said in a statement on Friday. It did not identify the parties involved.
Aurizon adopted a poison pill on Jan. 22 to give itself time to consider alternatives to the Alamos offer.
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?