Arch Capital to enter U.S. mortgage insurance market
Feb 8 (Reuters) - Reinsurer Arch Capital Group Ltd said its U.S. subsidiary Arch U.S. MI will acquire CMG Mortgage Insurance Co and the operating platform of PMI Mortgage Insurance Co for about $300 million to enter the U.S. mortgage insurance market.
Additional amounts may be paid based on the actual results of CMG MI's pre-closing portfolio over an agreed upon period, Bermuda-based Arch Capital said in a statement.
The transaction is expected to close within 12 months, subject to regulatory approvals, Arch Capital said.
Shares of Arch Capital closed at $47.51 on Thursday on the Nasdaq.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |