BOJ Shirakawa: recent forex moves will underpin Japan exports
TOKYO Feb 8 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said on Friday that recent moves in the foreign exchange markets were likely to underpin Japanese exports as the economy heads for a moderate recovery towards the middle of this year.
"Overseas economies, particularly the U.S. and Chinese economies, are showing signs of picking up. Domestic demand is likely to become firm on economic stimulus measures," Shirakawa said in parliament.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police