LabCorp says fourth-quarter profit drops, blames bad weather
Feb 8 (Reuters) - Laboratory Corp of America Holdings reported a drop in fourth-quarter profits on Friday and said bad weather had been partly to blame, cutting profit by 9 cents per share.
The company reported net income of $120.2 million, or $1.26 per share, down from $135.4 million, or $1.34 a share a year earlier.
Earnings excluding amortization, restructuring costs and other charges came to $1.54 a share. The result would have been 9 cents higher if not for the bad weather. In the fall, Superstorm Sandy shut transportation systems and destroyed thousands of homes in the Northeast.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions