LabCorp says fourth-quarter profit drops, blames bad weather
Feb 8 (Reuters) - Laboratory Corp of America Holdings reported a drop in fourth-quarter profits on Friday and said bad weather had been partly to blame, cutting profit by 9 cents per share.
The company reported net income of $120.2 million, or $1.26 per share, down from $135.4 million, or $1.34 a share a year earlier.
Earnings excluding amortization, restructuring costs and other charges came to $1.54 a share. The result would have been 9 cents higher if not for the bad weather. In the fall, Superstorm Sandy shut transportation systems and destroyed thousands of homes in the Northeast.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |