Yen extends gains, dollar falls 1 pct on day
LONDON Feb 8 (Reuters) - The dollar fell 1 percent versus the yen on Friday, with the Japanese currency rising on doubts about whether the new Japanese administration will be able to appoint a central bank governor who will pursue aggressive monetary easing.
The dollar fell 1.3 percent on the day to 92.29 yen.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'