Yen extends gains, dollar falls 1 pct on day
LONDON Feb 8 (Reuters) - The dollar fell 1 percent versus the yen on Friday, with the Japanese currency rising on doubts about whether the new Japanese administration will be able to appoint a central bank governor who will pursue aggressive monetary easing.
The dollar fell 1.3 percent on the day to 92.29 yen.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter