Nikkei falls as euro zone uncertainty sours mood
TOKYO, Feb 8 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average extended its losses to a second day on Friday as investor sentiment was dented by uncertainty over the euro zone economy, triggered by gloomy comments from the ECB president on Europe's outlook. The Nikkei average fell 1.0 percent to 11,241.09, while the broader Topix dropped 0.5 percent to 963.96.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid