Nikkei falls as euro zone uncertainty sours mood
TOKYO, Feb 8 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average extended its losses to a second day on Friday as investor sentiment was dented by uncertainty over the euro zone economy, triggered by gloomy comments from the ECB president on Europe's outlook. The Nikkei average fell 1.0 percent to 11,241.09, while the broader Topix dropped 0.5 percent to 963.96.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South