- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Man linked to Boston bombing suspect killed by FBI in Florida
Seoul shares little changed before the holidays
SEOUL Feb 8 (Reuters) - Seoul shares edged higher on Friday, recovering slightly ahead of a local holiday after six straight days of losses.
The Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) was up 0.1 percent at 1,933.27 points at 0005 GMT.
Shipper STX Pan Ocean was up 8 percent after the Maeil Business newspaper reported that its creditor, Korea Development Bank reassured business partners of its continued support.
The market will be closed on Monday for the Lunar New Year and will reopen on Tuesday (Reporting by Somang Yang; Editing by Richard Pullin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this