US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens modestly higher after data
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Friday after a trio of positive economic data points, and further gains were expected to be modest with the benchmark S&P index near five-year highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 18.97 points, or 0.14 percent, at 13,963.02. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.05 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,512.44. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 13.59 points, or 0.43 percent, at 3,178.72.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon