US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens modestly higher after data
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Friday after a trio of positive economic data points, and further gains were expected to be modest with the benchmark S&P index near five-year highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 18.97 points, or 0.14 percent, at 13,963.02. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.05 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,512.44. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 13.59 points, or 0.43 percent, at 3,178.72.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape