US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens modestly higher after data
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened slightly higher on Friday after a trio of positive economic data points, and further gains were expected to be modest with the benchmark S&P index near five-year highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 18.97 points, or 0.14 percent, at 13,963.02. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 3.05 points, or 0.20 percent, at 1,512.44. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 13.59 points, or 0.43 percent, at 3,178.72.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad