McDonald's January sales down 1.9 percent, worse than expected
Feb 8 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp said on Friday that January sales at established hamburger restaurants around the world fell 1.9 percent, as fast-food chains fight hard for diners, who continue to spend cautiously due to lackluster economic growth in most major markets.
McDonald's warned last month that same-restaurant sales would be down. Analysts polled by Consensus Metrix had expected a decline of 1.1 percent.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source