TABLE-Swiss retail sales up 5.1 pct yr/yr in Dec
ZURICH Feb 8 (Reuters) - Swiss retail sales rose 5.1 percent in real terms in December versus the year-earlier month, the Federal Statistics Office said on Friday.
Sales were 1.2 percent higher compared to the previous month when adjusted for seasonal effects.
Inflation-adjusted, y/y pct change
Dec 2012 Nov 2012
Retail sales total 5.1 3.0
Retail sales ex fuel 4.9 2.7
* Sales of food,
beverages, tobacco 3.6 1.6
* Non-food sales 5.3 2.8
For more details on retail sales form the Statistics Office, Reuters 3000 Xtra users can click on:
For a story on Swiss economy click on...
For recent Swiss National Bank comments...
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case to be sentenced on U.S. terror charges
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor