TABLE-Swiss retail sales up 5.1 pct yr/yr in Dec
ZURICH Feb 8 (Reuters) - Swiss retail sales rose 5.1 percent in real terms in December versus the year-earlier month, the Federal Statistics Office said on Friday.
Sales were 1.2 percent higher compared to the previous month when adjusted for seasonal effects.
Inflation-adjusted, y/y pct change
Dec 2012 Nov 2012
Retail sales total 5.1 3.0
Retail sales ex fuel 4.9 2.7
* Sales of food,
beverages, tobacco 3.6 1.6
* Non-food sales 5.3 2.8
For more details on retail sales form the Statistics Office, Reuters 3000 Xtra users can click on:
For a story on Swiss economy click on...
For recent Swiss National Bank comments...
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions