Daimler denies report on internal sales targets
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Daimler (DAIGn.DE) has denied a magazine report which claimed to publish the German carmaker's internal sales targets for its core Mercedes-Benz Cars division.
German weekly magazine Focus said on Friday, in a brief excerpt of a report, that the division aimed to grow sales by 6.9 percent to 1.55 million vehicles this year.
The report, citing internal targets, also said sales of Mercedes and Smart cars in the key Chinese market should jump roughly 30 percent to 274,000 vehicles this year.
"None of the figures correspond to our internal plan targets," a Daimler spokeswoman said, without giving details of the internal targets.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park