Dell says proposed offer shifts risks of business to buyer group
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Dell Inc on Friday, responding to independent investment fund Southeastern Asset Management, said the proposed buyout deal offers immediate premium for stockholders and shifts the risks facing the business to the buyer group.
"The Board concluded that the proposed all-cash transaction is in the best interests of stockholders," Dell said in a statement.
(Reporting By Poornima Gupta)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia