DBRS confirms Monte Paschi long term rating at "BBB"
MILAN (Reuters) - DBRS Ratings Limited confirmed its long-term rating for Monte dei Paschi (BMPS.MI) at 'BBB' with a negative outlook, the troubled Italian lender said on Friday.
The short-term rating on debt and deposit was affirmed by `R-2 (mid)' with a stable outlook.
The move came after the bank - at the center of a widening scandal because of concealed derivatives trades - said on Wednesday losses linked to three problematic derivative trades totaled 730 million euros, not far from preliminary estimates.
(Reporting by Francesca Landini, editing by Jennifer Clark)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance