Struggling Kings acquire Panthers defenseman
(Reuters) - The struggling Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings added size to their blue line by acquiring Keaton Ellerby from the Florida Panthers for a 2013 fifth round draft pick, the team said on Friday.
Ellerby, a 6-foot, 5-inch defenseman taken by Florida with the 10th pick in the 2007 National Hockey League Draft, has played 125 career games over four seasons recording two goals and 15 assists.
The defenseman, who appeared in nine games for Florida this season collecting zero points, joins a Kings (3-4-2) team that is last in the Pacific division.
(Reporting by Steve Keating in Toronto; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |