Magnitude 7.1 quake off Solomons, no reports of damage
(Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary 7.1 magnitude struck 270 miles east of Kira Kira on the Solomon Islands on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
There were no immediate tsunami warnings or reports of damage.
An 8.0 magnitude earthquake set off a tsunami that killed at least five people in a remote part of the Solomon Islands on Wednesday and triggered evacuations across the South Pacific. There have been numerous aftershocks.
(Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |