- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Magnitude 7.1 quake off Solomons, no reports of damage
(Reuters) - An earthquake with a preliminary 7.1 magnitude struck 270 miles east of Kira Kira on the Solomon Islands on Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
There were no immediate tsunami warnings or reports of damage.
An 8.0 magnitude earthquake set off a tsunami that killed at least five people in a remote part of the Solomon Islands on Wednesday and triggered evacuations across the South Pacific. There have been numerous aftershocks.
(Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this