Tunisian police clash with mourners at politician's funeral
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisian police clashed with mourners on Friday during the funeral of an assassinated politician, witnesses said.
Police fired teargas at demonstrators outside the cemetery in Tunis where secular politician Chokri Belaid was to be buried. They had earlier fired shots in the air to disperse youths who were smashing cars in the area.
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- U.S. diplomat travels to West Africa as Ebola quarantine moves take hold |