Tunisian police clash with mourners at politician's funeral
TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisian police clashed with mourners on Friday during the funeral of an assassinated politician, witnesses said.
Police fired teargas at demonstrators outside the cemetery in Tunis where secular politician Chokri Belaid was to be buried. They had earlier fired shots in the air to disperse youths who were smashing cars in the area.
- Maine nurse defies state Ebola quarantine, leaves home |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note