Strong 6.9 quake hits southwestern Colombia-USGS
Feb 9 (Reuters) - A strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake rocked southwestern Colombia on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, centered 6 miles (10 km) southwest of Pasto, was 80.5 miles deep (130 km) and was felt as far away as Quito, Ecuador.
USGS originally reported the quake, which struck at 1416 GMT, as a 7.0 magnitude.
(Reporting by Vicki Allen; Editing by Doina Chiacu; email@example.com)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East