Strong 6.9 quake hits southwestern Colombia-USGS
Feb 9 (Reuters) - A strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake rocked southwestern Colombia on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, centered 6 miles (10 km) southwest of Pasto, was 80.5 miles deep (130 km) and was felt as far away as Quito, Ecuador.
USGS originally reported the quake, which struck at 1416 GMT, as a 7.0 magnitude.
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran