"Argo" wins BAFTA award for best film
LONDON (Reuters) - Ben Affleck's "Argo" won the BAFTA award for best film on Sunday, extending a winning run that has given it strong momentum as the Oscars loom.
"Argo", a drama about the rescue of American hostages in Iran in 1979, had already won best movie drama at the Golden Globes and several other prestigious U.S. trophies.
(Reporting By Estelle Shirbon, editing by Paul Casciato)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program