TAKE-A-LOOK-G20 finance ministers meeting in Moscow Feb. 15/16
G20 finance ministers and central bank governors meet in Moscow for the first time under this year's Russian presidency on Feb. 15/16 with grumbling about competitive currency policies threatening to dominate.
Following are the main stories on the gathering and this year's G20 agenda. MAIN STORIES > G7 to release statement to cool FX rhetoric > Back to the future as G20 comes to Russia > G20 to skirt potholes, follow growth signposts
> G20 unlikely to pressure Japan over weaker yen > G20 focus on debts, not Japan-bashing - Russia > Russia's G20 coordinator seeks to calm fx row > Russia's G20 to focus on jobs, investment
ANALYSES > Low growth saps globalisation support pre-G20 > Euro overshoot will rekindle tensions
> Japan needs a weak yen for foreseeable future
GRAPHICS > USDJPY and relative balance sheets> EURUSD and relative balance sheets> JPY futures positioning> EUR futures positioning
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales