Loews posts quarterly loss on higher catastrophe loss at CNA Financial
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Hotels, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp posted a fourth-quarter loss, hit by lower investment income and higher catastrophe losses at CNA Financial Corp, its largest holding.
Loss attributable to Loews was $32 million, or 8 cents per share, compared with a profit of $271 million, or 68 cents per share a year earlier.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |