Loews posts quarterly loss on higher catastrophe loss at CNA Financial
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Hotels, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp posted a fourth-quarter loss, hit by lower investment income and higher catastrophe losses at CNA Financial Corp, its largest holding.
Loss attributable to Loews was $32 million, or 8 cents per share, compared with a profit of $271 million, or 68 cents per share a year earlier.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'