Loews posts quarterly loss on higher catastrophe loss at CNA Financial
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Hotels, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp posted a fourth-quarter loss, hit by lower investment income and higher catastrophe losses at CNA Financial Corp, its largest holding.
Loss attributable to Loews was $32 million, or 8 cents per share, compared with a profit of $271 million, or 68 cents per share a year earlier.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients