RPT-L'Oreal Q4 sales up 5.3 pct, to buy back shares
(Repeats to attach to L'Oreal alerts, no changes to text)
PARIS Feb 11 (Reuters) - L'Oreal on Monday posted a 5.3 percent rise in fourth-quarter like-for-like sales as the world's biggest cosmetics group announced it would launch a share buyback programme of 500 million euros in the first half of this year.
The Paris-based maker of Lancome creams and Garnier shampoo said turnover in the three months to Dec. 31 reached 5.7 billion euros ($7.63 billion), pulled by strong demand in North America and solid growth in the Asia Pacific region.
($1 = 0.7474 euros) (Reporting by Astrid Wendlandt; Edited by Lionel Laurent)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel