Dollar, euro soar vs yen on Treasury official's comments
NEW YORK Feb 11 (Reuters) - The dollar and euro surged against the yen in late afternoon trade on Monday after U.S. Treasury Undersecretary for International Affairs Lael Brainard said the United States supports Japan's efforts to reinvigorate growth and end deflation.
The dollar rose as high as 94.42 yen on Reuters data, the highest since early May 2010. It last traded up 1.8 percent at 94.33 yen.
The euro rose 2.1 percent to 126.46 yen, after touching as high as 126.59 yen.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM