- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Rockets hit south Beirut after Hezbollah vows Syria victory
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
Dollar, euro soar vs yen on Treasury official's comments
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Feb 11 (Reuters) - The dollar and euro surged against the yen in late afternoon trade on Monday after U.S. Treasury Undersecretary for International Affairs Lael Brainard said the United States supports Japan's efforts to reinvigorate growth and end deflation.
The dollar rose as high as 94.42 yen on Reuters data, the highest since early May 2010. It last traded up 1.8 percent at 94.33 yen.
The euro rose 2.1 percent to 126.46 yen, after touching as high as 126.59 yen.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this