RPT-Norway's $700 bln oil fund makes first U.S. property investment
OSLO Feb 11 (Reuters) - Norway's $700 billion oil fund made its first property purchase in the United States on Monday, paying $1.2 billion for five assets in New York City, Washington D.C. and Boston, it said in a statement.
The fund purchased 49.9 percent stakes in the five properties from TIAA-CREF, which will continue to hold a majority in the assets and will manage them in a joint venture with the fund.
"The joint venture will seek to acquire additional office properties, primarily in these three cities," the fund said.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |