RPT-Norway's $700 bln oil fund makes first U.S. property investment
OSLO Feb 11 (Reuters) - Norway's $700 billion oil fund made its first property purchase in the United States on Monday, paying $1.2 billion for five assets in New York City, Washington D.C. and Boston, it said in a statement.
The fund purchased 49.9 percent stakes in the five properties from TIAA-CREF, which will continue to hold a majority in the assets and will manage them in a joint venture with the fund.
"The joint venture will seek to acquire additional office properties, primarily in these three cities," the fund said.
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran