Porsche SE trading probe extended to board members
STUTTGART, Germany Feb 11 (Reuters) - Porsche SE said on Monday that German prosecutors have extended an ongoing probe into market manipulation to include several members of the holding's supervisory board.
The investigation relates to a massive short squeeze late in 2008 after Porsche SE effectively cornered the market in Volkswagen voting shares.
The holding nearly collapsed a year later following its failed attempt to acquire full strategic and financial control over Volkswagen, ultimately selling its sports-car business to pay off billions in accumulated debt.
Stuttgart prosecutors couldn't immediately be reached for comment.
(Reporting by Hendrick Sackmann, writing by Andreas Cremer and editing by Christiaan Hetzner)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher