Radian fourth-quarter loss widens
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Mortgage insurer Radian Group Inc reported a wider fourth-quarter loss on lower investment income and higher costs.
The loss for the quarter ended December 31 widened to $177.3 million, or $1.34 per share, from $121.5 million, or 92 cents per share, a year earlier.
New mortgage insurance written for the quarter was $11.7 billion, nearly double the amount written during the corresponding quarter a year ago, the company said in a statement.
Radian sold $4 billion in new insurance policies in January.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane