Radian fourth-quarter loss widens
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Mortgage insurer Radian Group Inc reported a wider fourth-quarter loss on lower investment income and higher costs.
The loss for the quarter ended December 31 widened to $177.3 million, or $1.34 per share, from $121.5 million, or 92 cents per share, a year earlier.
New mortgage insurance written for the quarter was $11.7 billion, nearly double the amount written during the corresponding quarter a year ago, the company said in a statement.
Radian sold $4 billion in new insurance policies in January.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |