Russian coal mine blast kills 18 - Interfax
MOSCOW Feb 11 (Reuters) - An underground explosion killed 18 people in a Russian coal mine on Monday, Interfax news agency quoted an Interior Ministry official as saying.
"According to preliminary information ... 18 people died, 10 of whom have been brought to the surface," Interfax quoted an official at the ministry's press department as saying.
The mine belongs to a division of Severstal, one of Russia's largest steel producers.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA