Russian coal mine blast kills 18 - Interfax
MOSCOW Feb 11 (Reuters) - An underground explosion killed 18 people in a Russian coal mine on Monday, Interfax news agency quoted an Interior Ministry official as saying.
"According to preliminary information ... 18 people died, 10 of whom have been brought to the surface," Interfax quoted an official at the ministry's press department as saying.
The mine belongs to a division of Severstal, one of Russia's largest steel producers.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident