Russian coal mine blast kills 18 - Interfax
MOSCOW Feb 11 (Reuters) - An underground explosion killed 18 people in a Russian coal mine on Monday, Interfax news agency quoted an Interior Ministry official as saying.
"According to preliminary information ... 18 people died, 10 of whom have been brought to the surface," Interfax quoted an official at the ministry's press department as saying.
The mine belongs to a division of Severstal, one of Russia's largest steel producers.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel