Azeri military helicopter crashes in Caspian Sea
BAKU (Reuters) - A military helicopter crashed in the Caspian Sea near Azerbaijan's capital, Baku, on Monday, local news agencies said.
The Azeri government did not immediately comment but APA news agency said three people had been on board and all were feared dead. Another Azeri news agency, Trend, quoted witnesses as saying they had heard an explosion before the helicopter came down close to the coast.
Azerbaijan, a former Soviet republic, supplies energy to Europe and Western companies which are involved in bringing Caspian oil through the Caucasus country.
(Reporting by Lada Evgrashina; Writing by Margarita Antidze; Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted