FUN. wins Best New Artist at 2013 Grammy Awards
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - FUN. was named Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, one of the top prizes on music's biggest night.
The indie-pop band beat out stiff competition from indie-folk band The Lumineers, blues-rock group Alabama Shakes, R&B singer Frank Ocean and country singer Hunter Hayes.
New York trio FUN., formed by Andrew Dost, Nate Ruess and Jack Antonoff, stormed onto the pop charts in 2012 with their single "We Are Young" and debut album "Some Nights."
The band also won the Grammy for Song of the Year for "We are Young."
The Grammy Awards were handed out during a televised ceremony in Los Angeles.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels