"Somebody That I Used to Know" wins Record of the Year Grammy
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Australian artist Gotye won Record of the Year at the Grammy Awards on Sunday night, one of the four top awards at music's biggest night.
The melodic heartbreak song, which featured New Zealand singer Kimbra, was one of 2012's biggest hits.
Gotye accepted the award from Prince, who said "I love this song," just before he announced the winner.
"Thank you for everybody who puts out great energy into the world with music," Gotye said in his acceptance speech.
(Reporting By Piya Sinha-Roy, editing by Nichola Groom and Doina Chiacu)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source