U.S. Small Business Administration head Mills stepping down
WASHINGTON Feb 11 (Reuters) - Karen Mills, the administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, is stepping down, the latest in a string of departures from President Barack Obama's cabinet, the White House said on Monday.
"Because of Karen's hard work and dedication, our small businesses are better positioned to create jobs and our entire economy is stronger," Obama said in a statement.
"I want to thank Karen and am grateful for her service," he said.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another