S.Africa's Absa to pay special dividend -CFO
JOHANNESBURG Feb 12 (Reuters) - South Africa's Absa Group plans to return some of its excess capital to shareholders by paying a special dividend, its chief financial officer said on Tuesday.
"The use of our excess capital will be through a special dividend," David Hodnett told Reuters following the bank's presentation of its full-year earnings.
Absa is the South African unit of Britain's Barclays Plc .
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |