BRIEF-Apple CEO tim cook says company 'doesn't have a depression-era mentality'
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Apple Inc : * CEO tim cook says company 'doesn't have a depression-era mentality' * CEO cook says board, management in 'very active discusions' on returning more
cash to investors * CEO cook says einhorn's preferred stock idea is 'creative' * CEO cook says finds it 'bizarre that we would find ourselves being sued for
doing something good for shareholders' * CEO cook says fight over preferred stock proposal is distraction, 'sideshow,'
not 'something we are going to spin cycle on' * CEO cook says company has looked at more than one large acquisition but none
passed its test * CEO cook says company has management talent, depth to do large acquisitions
but does not feel pressure to acquire revenue * CEO cook says 'cash is not burning a hole in our pocket'
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama