BRIEF-Apple CEO tim cook says company 'doesn't have a depression-era mentality'
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 12 (Reuters) - Apple Inc : * CEO tim cook says company 'doesn't have a depression-era mentality' * CEO cook says board, management in 'very active discusions' on returning more
cash to investors * CEO cook says einhorn's preferred stock idea is 'creative' * CEO cook says finds it 'bizarre that we would find ourselves being sued for
doing something good for shareholders' * CEO cook says fight over preferred stock proposal is distraction, 'sideshow,'
not 'something we are going to spin cycle on' * CEO cook says company has looked at more than one large acquisition but none
passed its test * CEO cook says company has management talent, depth to do large acquisitions
but does not feel pressure to acquire revenue * CEO cook says 'cash is not burning a hole in our pocket'
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |